The feature you select is based upon your personal investment situation. The following are your options:
- Cost basis – Select this feature option when you have the name, ticker or CUSIP number for the company that you originally purchased and the date and number of shares that you acquired and sold.
- Date of Death – Select this feature option when you have inherited shares and you want to calculate your adjusted cost basis using both the date of death as well as the six-month alternative date to determine the most advantageous cost basis option.
- Gifted Shares – Select this feature option when your shares were gifted to you by someone who was living at the time.
- Power Tracking – Select this feature option if you don’t know the original number of shares purchased, but you know the original date the shares were purchased, as well as the name of the current security and your current number of shares. The feature will go backwards in time to unravel the corporate actions/dividends to identify how many shares were originally purchased, and then move forward to calculate your adjusted cost basis.
- Research – Select this feature option if you want to research unadjusted pricing (daily, monthly or yearly), all dividends and corporate actions. There is no adjustment to shares or basis for this feature.
- Tax Optimization – Select this feature option if you want to us a “What If” scenario to identify which tax lots to sell based upon specific criteria that you enter.